Is someone you know displaying signs of Alzheimer’s disease?
- Trouble learning and remembering information
- Trouble performing tasks with multiple steps
- Change in judgment and problem solving
- Change in language and word finding
- Change in mood and behavior
- Loss of initiative
- Takes longer with routine chores
- Decline in physical coordination
In Rock County, two specialized clinics* exist to diagnose Alzheimer’s Disease, related dementias and even mild cognitive impairment. These clinics are Stateline Area Memory Clinic and Janseville Geriatric Assessment Center.
Each individual receives a comprehensive evaluation that involves a complete medical history and physical exam, cognitive testing and family interview. Appropriate laboratory and imaging
Follow-up visits are scheduled to review the assessment findings and discuss the treatment plan. A consultation letter is also sent to the individual’s primary physician to enhance ongoing care. It is important to know that these clinics are meant to assist, not replace the individual’s primary care provider.
* Both Rock County clinics are Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute-Affiliated Dementia Diagnostic Clinics.